Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year - New Team

Ending the old starting the new, how do you celebrate bringing in a New Year! One answer and only one answer, London Town, without a doubt! The New Year, regardless of what Australia think, is not the New Year until Big Ben strikes! What better way than spending the start of the year in your home city with thousands of other people. It's the only time of year where, kind of, everyone becomes friends and celebrates together.

So it's official 2012 is finally here and now I can finally say I am a Dolmans-Boels Cycling Team rider, and boy I am so happy to be able to say that! I am so happy to be part of a team that is going places and cannot wait to get this season under way!

I've decided this year I am going to be writing a blog to keep you all updated on what I'm up to! I did, however, decided I was going to do this every other year too but this year is the year, well at least it feels like it right now anyway!

With the girls that I will be spending the year with I am 100% sure there will be some funny stories and tales to be told. So stay posted because from what I learnt from the girls so far some of the stories are going to be totally unmissable!

So, what's next, well no rest for the wicked is what's next! I leave for Belgium in the morning (2nd January), as team photos are calling for the next day. Sure to be a barrel of laughs! Then it's straight back to Spain and another episode of Lost in Pego, so part 2 is quickly upon us. But, training in Spain is amazing, it's without a doubt one of the best places to go for a bike rider and I for one cannot wait to get back out there!

So, I'm off, packing, cleaning, a short ride is the order of the day today! So Happy New Year to you all, hope it's a successful one in whatever walk of life you are from!

Bring on on 2012!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the Blogosphere and the very best of luck with your team and season :o)

    ReplyDelete